Bonus and Promos
Odds vs. the Competition
Sports Betting Options
Deposit and Cashout
BetMGM California will have all the major pieces sports bettors want in their sportsbook apps if Prop 27 passes in California this November. Backed by MGM Resorts, BetMGM boasts a well-rounded sports betting app that will satisfy novices and sharps alike.
Although we love its welcome bonus, BetMGM is all about rewarding customers for their loyalty.
If legal sports betting in California launches, this sportsbook app will offer some excellent perks to loyal users, including its industry-leading odds boosts, prize giveaways, and rewards program. And if that time comes, you’ll be able to use our exclusive BetMGM California bonus code to unlock your welcome bonus.
Scroll down to review what we think would be one of the best California sports betting apps available.
BetMGM California Bonus Code October 2022
Our BetMGM California bonus code will give you access to one of the best California sportsbook bonuses available: a risk-free bet up to $1,000. That’s essentially $1,000 in first-bet insurance. Terms and conditions apply.
Most sportsbook apps are shying away from using “free” at all in their welcome promo offers. For instance, FanDuel calls its offer a “no sweat first bet” and BetRivers calls its a “second chance bet.”
Whatever you call it, they’re all the same.
|BetMGM California Bonus Code||Coming soon|
|Welcome Offer||Risk-free bet up to $1,000|
|What States Allow BetMGM||AZ, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY|
|BetMGM's Land-Based Partner||TBA|
|Promo Code Verified for||October 2022|
BetMGM currently offers bettors in legal sports betting states a $1,000 risk-free bet as its welcome bonus. And, again, we’ve got the BetMGM bonus code California users will want if the app launches.
Beyond its welcome offer, BetMGM Sportsbook is also well-regarded for its ongoing promotions and bonuses, as well as its MGM Rewards program. In terms of building customer loyalty, BetMGM is a 10 out of 10.
Regarding the $1,000 risk-free bet, that’s not the highest number out there. It’s also important to note that any first bet of $50 or more will get refunded in 20% increments, not all at once. But that’s not unique just to BetMGM. Stipulations like that are common across all sportsbook risk-free bets.
For that reason, BetMGM CA will still be a high-quality addition to your sports betting portfolio. The Parlay Plus features profit boosters of up to 40% and insurance that offers lost wager refunds of $20 to $25. Prize giveaways often include authentic merchandise from local professional teams.
Put it this way: If you sign up for BetMGM in California, we have a hard time seeing you ever deleting the app.
BetMGM will offer some of the best lines across all competitions in California. This extends to professional sports, college athletics, and international competitions.
If you’re a California sports betting enthusiast eyeing eventual futures bets, BetMGM Sportsbook California will be a must-have app to keep in your rotation. While it’s difficult to pin down one app as the best option when it comes to odds, bettors can be confident they will find good values with this online sportsbook.
This is where BetMGM sets itself apart. The Parlay Plus is a particularly noteworthy offer — you can boost profits by as much as 40% every day on seven-leg parlays. But even four-leg parlays are boosted by 10%.
Beyond the futures and parlay categories, BetMGM offers competitive odds on moneyline, points spread, and prop bets. It also offers a powerful live-betting platform that rarely freezes, which is a common issue among other betting apps that don’t rate as highly in this department.
BetMGM CA will offer all the sports you could need, including college, professional, and international sports. You can find a long list of bets on all major US sports leagues, as well as a wide range of international soccer and niche competitions such as darts. Individual sports are also well-represented, including racing, MMA, tennis, golf, and boxing.
Any combination of events and sports for parlay betting will be allowed on BetMGM Sportsbook in California. Bettors can even put together a seven-leg parlay with prop bets from seven different professional sports. Best of all, the app makes these types of bets easy. In addition to parlays and props, bettors can find moneyline, point spread, totals, live betting, and head-to-head wagers. There’s so much to like for both recreational and serious bettors.
The best sportsbooks offer users several options to deposit money and withdraw winnings. BetMGM stands among those industry leaders in this department.
Generally speaking, bettors using BetMGM CA will be able to count on deposit options that include credit/debit card (Visa, Mastercard), online banking (Chase, Wells Fargo, etc.), American Express, ACH or e-check, wire transfer, PayPal, Skrill, Play+ prepaid card, gift card, PayNearMe (CVS, 7-11, Family Dollar), and cash (at the partner casino).
Sportsbooks will often carry fewer options for withdrawals; regulations in some states prevent them from offering more. BetMGM will likely offer several withdrawal options: ACH or e-check, Visa, online banking, cash (at the partner casino), PayPal, Skrill, and Play+ pre-paid card.
For deposits, the processing time is instant for most options. Skrill and PayNearMe can take longer in certain instances. When it comes to withdrawals, though, the processing time ranges from 1-5 days, except for Play+ card and cash.
As of Sept. 2022, the BetMGM Sportsbook app had a 4.3-star rating for Android users in the Google Play Store, and it had a 4.8-star rating for iOS users in the Apple Store.
Some recent Android reviews say the new update has slowed down the app. One reviewer said they had an issue with the screen randomly zooming in and the only way to fix it was to close the app and restart it. Still, there are vastly more five- and four-star reviews than these negative ones, but it’s worth noting that there could be lagging issues with the new update.
BetMGM users seem to have a better time on iOS devices. That 4.8-star rating in the Apple Store comes from 103.6K reviews. One reviewer said they loved how they could set up push alerts for games they have bets on. Another reviewer said they liked how easy it was to track their MGM Rewards on the BetMGM Sportsbook app.
Regardless of the operating system, the BetMGM Sportsbook app in California should be easy enough to use. The process is similar if you were betting from the sportsbook’s website. All of the same features and markets are accessible on the app.
California bettors won’t go wrong using the BetMGM Sportsbook app.
New users will have access to a quality welcome bonus, and long-time users will also enjoy some of the promotions offered throughout the year. Most users won’t have any trouble finding the sports on which they want to bet, and the types of bets they want to make. There is a lengthy list of sports available to wager, and bettors won’t have much — if any — trouble depositing funds into their accounts or withdrawing winnings.
BetMGM will have some stiff competition in the market, but that’s OK because bettors are encouraged to keep multiple sportsbooks in their rotation.
Can I Use BetMGM in California?
No. At least, not right now, because sports betting is not legal in California.
There’s the slimmest of slim chances that changes in November. That’s when Californians have the option to vote for Prop 26, which would legalize in-person sports betting at California Indian casinos and licensed horse racetracks, and Prop 27, which would legalize online sports betting.
Recent polls suggest both sports betting measures will lose by an overwhelming margin on Nov. 8.
But … anything is possible with just about four weeks until the election. If there’s one ballot initiative that has a slightly better chance of passing, it’s Prop 26.
If Prop 26 does somehow pass, perhaps BetMGM would partner with a California tribe to offer a retail sportsbook. More on that later.
Is BetMGM Legit?
Yes, future California bettors can be confident in the legitimacy of BetMGM Sportsbook. There are a number of reasons for this, including:
- High-end security system: BetMGM uses highly advanced SSL encryption technology to protect itself and its users. So, BetMGM Sportsbook users can rest assured knowing the sportsbook uses the same level of security as online banking companies.
- California will have regulatory oversight: All sportsbooks that launch in California will have to first be approved by a regulatory agency, likely the California Gambling Control Commission. This agency will give BetMGM CA a thorough review before ever allowing it to launch.
- Backed by a globally recognized brand: MGM Resorts is known throughout the world as a rock-solid gambling brand. This company is going to do everything in its power to maintain that global reputation.
- BetMGM is already live and trusted across the country: More than a dozen US states have already approved BetMGM to launch. That means the platform BetMGM would use in California has already been scrutinized and picked apart, and ultimately approved, by many other state regulatory agencies.
- Highly accessible customer support: Users can get in touch with BetMGM’s online customer support 24/7 via online chat. Users don’t even need to create an account in order to receive support.
- Major entities, such as the NHL and MSG Entertainment, are official partners with BetMGM: There is zero chance these organizations would risk their reputation by partnering with a shoddy sportsbook. This may sound too simple, but if a league as big as the NHL trusts BetMGM, you can too.
Why Choose BetMGM Over Offshore Betting Sites?
Bettors are encouraged to avoid offshore sports betting sites for a number of reasons.
- Offshore betting sites don’t answer to any regulatory agency: In other words, offshore sports betting sites are free to do whatever they want with your money and information. However unlikely it is, do you want to take that type of risk?
- Offshore betting sites have been known to not pay out winnings: Again, because these sites don’t face any regulation, you’re at their mercy when it comes to actually redeeming your legitimate winnings. In the past, bettors have had to jump through hoops to get their money from these sites. The withdrawal minimums can also be quite high, which forces bettors to bet even more than they may have originally planned.
- Offshore betting sites have vanished in the past: This actually isn’t all that rare. If a betting site suddenly disappears, and so does your money, you really can’t do anything. Remember: These sites face no form of oversight or regulation.
For these reasons, and many more, we strongly encourage California sports bettors to wait for legal California sports betting, as hard as that may be.
Why Can You Trust BetMGM California With Your Money?
In addition to strong security features, BetMGM offers the following to help players keep their accounts protected:
- Cashout security feature: You can opt-in to answer security questions each time you cash out to add an extra layer of security. With that on, no one can pose as you and cash out via your account if they have the login info but not the security answers.
- Two-step authentication: If you activate two-step verification, you receive a unique PIN each time you log in that’s sent to your email or phone number.
- Never asking for customer’s password: Customer service will never ask for a member’s password. That way, you know if someone is posing as customer support instead of the real deal.
- Unified app: BetMGM is careful to keep all its users on one app rather than run the risk of one platform being stronger or weaker than another.
Will BetMGM Offer a Retail Sportsbook in California?
With the way things are trending in the US, yes, we’d be surprised if there isn’t eventually a retail BetMGM Sportsbook somewhere in California. When exactly that happens, though, depends on a few things.
The first dominoes will fall in November, when California voters can vote for Prop 26 — which would legalize in-person sports betting at Indian casinos and California horse racetracks — and Prop 27 — which would legalize online sports betting. BetMGM has contributed $25 million in support of the Prop 27 campaign.
If Prop 26 passes, there’s a chance one of the 67 California Indian casinos partners with BetMGM to have the company offer its sportsbook at the tribe’s casino. (Most sites say there are 66 casinos, but the 67th, Sky River Casino, opened in August. We promise.)
MGM Resorts is currently partnered with the Sacramento Kings, and the Kings are partnered with Red Hawk Casino, California’s fifth-largest casino. Could those relationships lead to a BetMGM retail sportsbook at Red Hawk Casino? We’ll see.
Thunder Valley Casino Resort is also an MGM Resorts partner casino. That, too, could come in handy if BetMGM is eyeing potential retail sportsbook partnerships.
If Prop 27 passes, BetMGM would have to partner with a CA tribe to launch BetMGM in the state. When retail sports betting is inevitably legalized, BetMGM could offer a retail sportsbook in its partner tribe’s casino.
Does BetMGM Offer Horse Betting?
Yes. BetMGM is one of the only sportsbooks to also have its own horse race betting app — BetMGM Horse Racing, which California horse betting enthusiasts will want to download if it ever launches in the state.
BetMGM’s horse betting app isn’t legal in as many states, just Ohio, Louisiana, and Florida so far. But its scope will continue to grow. Caesars has also launched its own horse betting app in Caesars Racebook, which is legal in Kentucky, Ohio, Oregon, Montana, Indiana, and Florida.
Important to note: You can only bet on horse races via the BetMGM Horse Racing app. The BetMGM Sportsbook app is where you’ll find everything else.
BetMGM California Fact Sheet
|How old do you have to be?||At least 21 years old|
|What states is it legal in?||AZ, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY|
|Who is the sportsbook partner in California?||TBA|
|Launch date in California||2023 (estimated)|
BetMGM California FAQs
No. Sports betting is currently not legal in California, whether in-person or online. However, if Prop 27 passes in CA this November, online sports betting will be legalized in California. That would allow sportsbooks like BetMGM to apply for a CA license and, eventually, offer its app in the state.
You will be, yes. If Prop 27 passes and BetMGM launches in California, bettors will need to be within state lines in order to register. However, they likely won’t have to register in person at one of the California Indian casinos. They could do it from the comfort of their own home.
Every state is different, but Californians should anticipate 21 years old being the legal age for betting at mobile and retail sportsbooks.
BetMGM, like any potential California sportsbook, will offer various ways for users to both desposit and withdraw funds. We would recommend using an online bank transfer to for cashouts, as it’s instantaneous and there are no fees. However, if bettors are comfortable with a different option, there are usually plenty to choose from.
Of course. While we can’t know for sure what exactly BetMGM will offer as its welcome bonus if CA online sports betting is legalized, we can assume it will be similar to what it currently offers in states where it has launched: a risk-free bet up to $1,000. Terms and conditions apply.